Saturday, May 8, 2010

Adler Planetarium-Apollo 13

In March I found out that April was the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 13 space flight. Gareth is currently in love with all things space and air related and very specifically Apollo 13. He watches the lift off sequence and explosion sequence from the film on YouTube regularly. So when I found out the Adler Planetarium was having a special Apollo 13th month I had to take my astronaut boy. Aunt Mikayah went with us and we had a great time.


The Planet Explorers area for kids was fantastic for Gareth. Here he is with a flight jacket and space pack.

I don't get to be in pictures with my kids very often and especially not Gareth anymore, so I really like this one.

Preparing the rocket for launch.

This is a really neat video game type program that talks you through a launch. He had to push the right buttons and then got to dock the rocket using the joystick. I have a video of this but can't get the video clips to work right on the computer I'm using. I'll keep working on it.

Aunt Mikayah and Amalia exploring "Planet X".

Just a little spacewalk.

Gathering some space rocks.

Sliding down a space slide :)

Amalia had to have a turn, too.

No comments: